What does Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires use to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and transaction history
- Investment account balances and inquiries
- Account balances and payment history
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information, the reasons Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management choose to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
To limit our sharing
- Call 972-673-4000 Benchmark Bank or 214-474-2190 Benchmark Private Wealth
- Mail the mail-in form from the bottom of page 1 of this document.
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management
What we do
How does Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or tell us about your investment or retirement portfolio
- Make deposits or withdrawals from your account
- Direct us to buy or sell investments
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
What can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial or non-financial companies.
- Mortgage Companies, Title Companies, Private Wealth Management Companies and Benchmark Bank
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management does not share with non-affiliates so that they can market to you.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Benchmark Bank and Benchmark Private Wealth Management jointly market with credit card services, insurance companies, and trust companies.
Other important information
For Texas Customers, Benchmark Bank is chartered, licensed or registered under the laws of the State of Texas and by state law is subject to regulatory oversight by the Texas Department of Banking. Any consumer wishing to file a complaint against Benchmark Bank should contact the Texas Department of Banking through one of the means indicated below: In person, or by U.S. Mail: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 300, Austin, Texas 78705-4294; Telephone No. (877) 276-5554; Fax No. (512) 475-1313; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Website: www.dob.texas.gov.